Saturday, October 11, 2008

tHe RaCe Is On !!

Shane's birthday is only 3 weeks away & he's been asking for a huge denim quilt for quite a while so I thought I'd try to pull it off. We'll see, I told him he might have to wait until Christmas for that gift. All I know is I've been storing a ton of old jeans in my exercise room for a good year now. It will be nice to see them gone. So I wanted the girls to be involved in helping and this is how are night went! Shane was in & out all day so Bailey made this great sign for the door! Since the girls couldn't do much I told them they could have all the scraps. Boy did they LOVE that idea. Bailey started to use my sewing maching while I was out ironing......UH I don't think so Bailey!!
Brik even was in on the action. I got my fabric glue out and he thought he'd glue a rag to the back of some denim & make a ghost.....yikes!
Bailey was making something for her craft store! :0)
Oakley made a bat!
Mackenzie actually did help me, she was ironing all the squares!
After 74 big squares & 88 little squares all sewn into 4 piece blocks, (and by the way they all matched up sooo good, i was impressed with my skills) I was ready to call it quits for tonight. But here's all the fun stuff the kids came up with! We had a great time! It reminded me of when my Mom used to let us "craft" with her scrap material & even the pattern scraps. We thought we were pretty good seamstresses. Those were some fun times!



4 comments:

  1. haha.. that is so funny, I'm sure you'll get it done!! I love the scrap work that was done by the kiddos. Very talented kids you've got there Billy!!! I can't wait to see the end result. Too bad Mack got roped into ironing!!! What a job!!!!
    I hope you guys are having a great Sunday miss and love you lots and lots!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see it. Then can you give me a quilting lesson. I still have an unfinished quilt from last year (the Christmas--you remember you did three of them). I'm afraid to go on because I don't know what I'm doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must be a very patient mom to let them help you sooo much. I hope you make it, which I am sure you will, and I am sure the quilt will look great. Happy Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job, I've gotta start Brent's this week or it'll never get done by Christmas. Good luck finishing by Halloween. BOO!!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Shane & I have been married for 12 years!! Wow, we are old!! We have been blessed with 6 wonderful children. They are everything to us. We love and cherish every moment with them. They have grown up so fast, and it is not slowing down.

Visits from my friends